2012 went by so fast. I’m still a bit shocked that it is January 2013 now. Time flies when you’re having fun.
Civilization was supposed to end last year – according to the Mayans – but hey we’re still here! I suppose that’s a good thing.
So, the usual- Reflections about 2012. I guess I’m usually quite slow at this. Always thinking but never putting the words down. What have I done? What have I achieved? Have I done things that I’m proud of? Have I learnt new things?
Here’s a list of things that I have done in 2012.
- Graduated from Art School with a Fashion Textiles Degree.
- Dyed my hair Pink. It’s still pink and I still love it very much. For someone who doesn’t even go for haircuts much, this is a big step, cos this means I have take care of my hair more than usual.
- took part in a few exhibitions – ”Transmission Kaleidoscope” / Phunk, Singapore and “Pen & Needles”/ LASALLE College of the Arts, Singapore
- Opened a shop with my friends selling self-designed / handmade goods, accessories and apparel. it’s my first time having my own shop and really, there was so much to learn because, seriously, school teaches u nothing much about running your own business. You learn as you go along, and I guess that’s extremely challenging and exciting. Rockin’ Rocket!
- Got a full time job that allows me to play with yarns and colours. yay to that. I’m also learning a lot with this new job, so that keeps me excited!
- Travelled overseas for work ( makes me feel all grown up to say that I went on a business trip… cheap thrill I know.)
- Travelled to Malacca, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh, Tioman ( the usual yearly trip). I didnt travel a lot because of school commitments though.
- Turned 30. wow. I don’t feel 30 at all. I stayed in my office till about 10pm that night, and didn’t celebrate. A was having reservist as well. I’m not sure if it’s a good memory to have … to spend your birthday working all night but oh well, life goes on haha.
- Bought a flat with A. All I can think about is how we can do the interior design, even though it’s really gonna take a few more years for it to be ready.
so yah. a short list of things I’m kinda happy about… I might add more things if i remember them… and this leads to…
Resolutions. I’ve always wonder if people actually fulfill all their resolutions each year. just before the year ended, I had accidentally deleted my 2012 Resolution list. I definitely recall writing “Graduate” in my list so yah, at least I know I completed one task. ;P
2012 was a pretty packed year for me, I was constantly kept busy. Busy with school; Busy with Making, Creating; Busy with Work. I’m secretly a workaholic. ok maybe not so secret. It’s more like a sudden revelation for myself.
I hope that 2013 will be a busy year of goodness as well, but I also want myself to be able to have work life balance. I think after all these years, it’s about time I learn to time manage better. Life is about work and play. sacrifices have to be made, but I also need to realise that I can’t survive by working so much and not resting my mind. There are times when I feel guilty about playing and resting- not good at all.
Anyways, I think I’ll put my resolutions in another post… because… I haven’t quite started on my list haha.
I hope everyone had a great 2012. I’m quite excited about what 2013 will bring, so Hurrah!